United States Secretary of State, Antony Blinken says a US diplomatic convoy came under fire in Sudan on Monday but nobody was hurt.
After the G7 discussions, Blinken called the conduct in Japan reckless and undoubtedly dangerous.
Days of deadly violence between competing armies have seized Sudan.
Earlier, it was claimed that Aidan O’Hara, the EU’s ambassador to Sudan, had been beaten up at his home in the nation’s capital, Khartoum.
According to the UN, there have been three days of fighting in Sudan that have resulted in 180 deaths and more than 1,800 injuries.
The city has seen air strikes, shelling and heavy small-arms fire.
Both the army and a paramilitary group called the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) claim to control key sites in Khartoum, where residents have been sheltering from explosions.
Irish Foreign Minister Micheál Martin confirmed that Mr O’Hara was not seriously hurt.
He described the attack as a gross violation of obligations to protect diplomats.
Mr Martin described the ambassador as an outstanding Irish and European diplomat who is serving the EU under the most difficult circumstances.
EU foreign policy, Chief Josep Borrell tweeted that the security of diplomatic premises and staff was a primary responsibility of the Sudanese authorities.
EU spokeswoman, Nabila Massrali told AFP news agency the EU delegation had not been evacuated from Khartoum following the attack.
Writing by Adeniyi Bakare; Editing by Julian Osamoto